I’m not exactly Martha Stewart when it comes to creating whimsical looking recipes, but trust me, I try. While I love producing dishes that have a lot of visual appeal by way of different shapes, colors and textures, I often feel so pinched for time that a lot of the creativity I would like to put into meals just doesn’t happen. Having said that, these Whole Wheat Bagel Wreath Pizzas are my idea of a recipe that is quick to prepare but also eye catching enough to get kids excited.
Whether you’re wanting to make a simple lunch or a special treat for a kids holiday party, these wreaths deliver on the whimsy and are tons of fun!
Whole Wheat Bagel Wreath Pizza
- 4 whole wheat bagels, cut in half
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup broccoli, peas and/or green beans, steamed
- 1 roasted red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of sauce on each slice of bagel.
- Top each bagel with 2 tablespoons of cheese, then arrange vegetables on top to resemble a wreath.
- Cut bell peppers into thin strips to make the ribbon for each wreath.
- Place wreaths on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.