Every Sunday we visit our farmers market, and one of our first stops is to see Marilyn and Eileen, who we have lovingly dubbed “The Fish Ladies”. We are big smoked salmon fans in this house so we always come home with a fresh batch. If you’re lucky enough to visit our fish ladies, Kenya will help you get a sample of smoked salmon and even show you how to drizzle it with fresh lemon juice for maximum flavor. The next task is to pry him away from the fish stand so we can finish our shopping!
The smoked salmon that makes it home will likely end up as a Simple Breakfast Flatbread, Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Bites, or this Smoked Salmon Scramble made with chives from the garden and Davidson’s Safest Choice eggs so I know I’m feeding my family the best foods possible. Salmon is packed with omega 3 fatty acids so it is an excellent, healthy choice for your family.
This recipe comes together quickly so it makes a great protein-rich breakfast on busy school mornings. Or serve it with orange juice, bagels, and fresh fruit for a leisurely weekend brunch the whole family will enjoy.
This post is sponsored by Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs. All opinions are my own.
Smoked Salmon Scramble
- 8 large eggs
- 4 chives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons canola oil or butter
- 4 pieces thinly sliced smoked salmon, chopped
- In a bow, whisk together the eggs, chives, and salt.
- Heat the oil or butter in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan, and cook, stirring occasionally until almost set, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the salmon and continue to cook for 1 minute longer.