Want a quick, easy weeknight meal with minimal clean up? Sheet Pan Sausage with Cabbage and Apples is the way to go!
A few weeks ago, Chloe kept asking me to make her sausage with cabbage and apples. I didn’t want to deny her cravings (and honestly it sounded delicious), so I set out on a mission to satisfy Chloe’s hankering for a sausage, cabbage and apples combo. My first thought was, “how do I make this simple for me,” and of course the idea of a sheet pan dinner popped in my mind. What’s easier than a sheet pan? I’ll tell you… nothing!
Anytime I can make an entire meal in (or on) one pan, I’m hooked. And this one might be my new favorite. I know I say that every time, but there’s something about the simplicity of this Sheet Pan Sausage meal that wins me over. Plus it’s a well rounded meal with the cabbage, sweet potatoes and apples providing lots of vitamins and nutrients and the sausage with the protein. It’s just a perfect all around weeknight meal that the whole family will love.
Once I pulled this out of the oven, our mouths started watering. The smell was INCREDIBLE and filled up the entire kitchen. While it was roasting, I made a butter and red wine vinegar reduction that I drizzled over the sausage and veggies after they were done, and it made this dish even more delicious. This recipe might be mine and Chloe’s new comfort food!
Sheet Pan meals are the best way to make dinner (and clean up) super easy. I’ve got several in my rotation like Vegetarian Sheet Pan Nachos, One Sheet Pan Shrimp and Vegetable Dinner, Middle Eastern Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner and Sheet Pan Pancake that you’ve got to try.
Are you making this fall favorite sheet pan dinner this week? Let me know by tagging me on social media!
Sheet Pan Sausage with Cabbage and Apples
- 1 small head purple cabbage, chopped into 1/2 inch wedges
- 2 apples, cut into large chunks
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3 springs fresh thyme plus 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 chicken apple sausage links or 14 ounces cooked sausage of choice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons red wIne vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the first 6 ingredients on a baking pan.
- Drizzle the ingredients with the olive oil, toss to coat and spread evenly over the baking sheet. Distribute the sausage over the sheet pan and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes or until vegetables are tender. If additional color is wanted, broil for 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a small sauce pan and add the vinegar. Cook for 2 minutes over medium heat until bubbles appear and mixture starts to reduce.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and drizzle with the butter/vinegar mixture.