This Sheet Pan Pancake recipe is perfect for when you need to make breakfast for a big group! It makes it so easy to make one batch for everyone at once.
My favorite part about making a Sheet Pan Pancake is that all the kids get to decorate their portion of the pancake. It’s rare that everyone wants to eat the same thing at once, so a recipe that we can customize without adding extra work is the best! One person in the family is feeling banana and chocolate chip pancakes and someone else wants strawberries? No problem at all! Everyone can have their (pan)cake and eat it too.
A Sheet Pan Pancake is so great if you’re making breakfast or brunch for a crowd too. Gone are the days of making several batches of pancakes and trying to keep them warm. It’s too much! Put once big pancake in the oven and be amazed at how simple! Plus everyone gets to choose how big or small of a pancake they want. It’s a win-win!
My family loves pancakes so much that I feel like I’m constantly coming up with pancake recipes like Quick Oatmeal Pancakes, Spinach Pancakes, Cottage Cheese Pancakes, and Gluten-Free Banana Pancakes. There are so many fun ways to do pancakes! The possibilities are endless.
What toppings are you going to put on your Sheet Pan Pancake? We used strawberries, chocolate chips, bananas, blueberries, dye free chocolate pieces, and sprinkles and it was so much fun. But seriously, any topping you’re in the mood for will be delicious! Don’t forget the maple syrup or Strawberry Preserves to put on top!
Let me know in the comments if you make Sheet Pan Pancakes! This is one of my favorite recipes I’ve made in a while so I’m super excited for you guys to try it.
Sheet Pan Pancake
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled (plus 1 tablespoon extra for greasing baking sheet)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Throughly grease a rimmed 13x8 inch baking sheet. You can also line with parchment paper and grease to pull the entire pancake out.
- Whisk the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate large bowl whisk the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and whisk until just combined
- Pour the pancake batter into the baking sheet and use a spatula to spread evenly into the pan.
- Cover the pancake with desired toppings (see list below). I let everyone decorate the pancake with desired toppings.
- Place the pancake in the oven and immediately turn the oven down to 400 degrees. Bake the pancake for 15-16 minutes or until pancake just starts to turn golden and appears puffed up.
- Slice the pancake with a knife or pizza cutter and serve with maple syrup, raspberry sauce, honey or chocolate drizzle.
- Additions: sliced strawberries and bananas, chocolate chips, blueberries, dye free chocolate pieces, jam or nut butter to swirl in before baking.