Microwave Chocolate Chip Cookie Sea Salt Cookie for ONE is the perfect late night craving when you want a just one warm gooey chocolate chip cookie.
When Kenya and Chloe were little we read them endless books every night. Luckily we have the tradition to keep up with Gemma because I treasure these moments of early childhood. Once you have pre-teens and teens the night time routine certainly does change. Each night my husband and I take turns putting one of the older kids to bed and watching a tv show together. We generally let them pick what we will watch and jump in bed to cozy up and settle into getting sleepy.
Recently I’ve be waiting for Kenya to come in to watch (way past my bedtime) and minutes later as I’m starting to doze he strolls in with one gorgeous, warm chocolate chip cookie that sends my senses into over drive. I didn’t think of it because he’s been cooking new recipes daily as we’ve been home round the clock, but this one seemed ingenious.
This is possibly the easiest chocolate chip cookie recipe ever and it doesn’t use eggs so you can eat the dough raw if you’re too lazy or don’t have a microwave. Another win win. Raw cookie dough is one of my weaknesses, like No Bake Cookie Dough Balls and Cookie Dough Bites, but so is this Microwave Chocolate Chip Cookie Sea Salt Cookie for one when it’s all cooked up.
I’ve now made at least 2 dozen of these beauties which consulting with Kenya as he’s probably whipped up double that amount. Here’s a few tips, tricks and secrets I use to making them perfect every time:
- Make the batter in a glass measuring cup. You can microwave right in it and since its a small amount of dough the handle makes it easy to stir.
- Once you get the knack for it you don’t even need a measuring spoon for the milk and vanilla. It’s just a splash of each. Just make sure not to add too much or your batter will be too thin.
- You can use any type of chocolate chips you have on hand. Since the chocolate gets perfectly gooey in each cookie, I lean towards adding chunks or disks (aka baking wafers) which are the ultimate.
- After you have stirred your batter place it on a microwave safe plate and press into a circle. Use your palm to flatten it down evenly. It’s generally about 3 1/2 to 4 inches across.
- The sprinkle of Malden sea salt is what takes this cookie to the next level. Each bite of chocolate, cookie dough batter and sea salt in absolutely insanely delicious!
- Every microwave is different so make sure to make in stages. This helps your chocolate chips from cracking and cooks the cookie evenly.
- To remove the cookie from the plate allow it to cool for 1-2 minutes and then gently use a spatula to lift it off onto a baking rack. If you’re like me just grab a spoon or use your fingers and eat it warm right off the plate.
The smell of these magical cookies may keep me up at night, but spending time with my son and nibbling on a warm cookie makes it totally worth every single bite.
Microwave Chocolate Chip Sea Salt Cookie for ONE
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons light or dark brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons whole milk
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, chunks or disks
- Place the butter in a bowl or glass or measuring cup and melt the butter for 20-30 seconds or until melted.
- Stir in the brown sugar until throughly combined.
- Stir in the vanilla, salt, milk and flour until combined then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place the cookie dough on a microwave safe plate and form into an even circle.
- Microwave cookie for 30 seconds. Microwave an additional 30 seconds. Microwave another 20-30 seconds or until cookie dough looks dry to the touch and chocolate is bubbly.
- Eat immediately with a spoon or allow the cookie to cool about 1-2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.