Whenever I make snacks for Kenya’s and Chloe’s classes I endeavor to come up with something different than the usual suspects. This doesn’t mean I have hours to cook up elaborate dishes for a huge group of kids. Far from it. Whatever I’m preparing needs to be simple, quick and healthy. Every time I make these Maple Roast Pumpkin Seeds I am reminded that they are one of my kids’ favorite treats, and that makes me extra happy since they are super easy to make and give my little ones a boost of vegetarian protein.
All you need to do is toss the pepitas (pumpkin seeds) with a touch of olive oil and maple syrup and pop them in the oven. In ten minutes you have a fall treat that’s as tasty as an afternoon snack as it is packed in a lunch box!
Maple Roast Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 Cups Pumpkin Seeds (also known as pepitas)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the pumpkin seeds, olive oil and maple syrup in a bowl and stir to coat.
- Spread the seeds out on a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir the seeds and cook another 10-15 minutes or until golden and crispy (make sure to keep an eye on them in the last few minutes of cooking so they don’t burn).
- Cool and serve.