There’s nothing more comforting and satisfying than warm chocolate chip cookies alongside a glass of cold milk, right?! When you’re avoiding gluten or grains, it can be difficult to satisfy that classic craving. These grain free chocolate chip cookies are soft, buttery, and chocolatey!
The perfect cookie to satisfy your sweets craving, and just in time for Valentine’s Day. I like to experiment with various recipes to accommodate allergies. These cookies are made with almond flour, so they’re grain free. Make sure you’re using almond flour, not almond meal. Almond flour is made from blanched almonds with the skins removed so it is able to be ground more fine than almond meal.
Make some grain free chocolate chip cookies to share this Valentine’s Day, and let me know in the comments below your favorite Valentine treat to make and share!
Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour (not almond meal)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place the first 3 ingredients in a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Add the butter, coconut sugar, egg, and vanilla and pulse for 1 minute or until thoroughly combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the cookie batter onto a silpat- or parchment-lined baking sheet in 2-tablespoon portions.
- Use the palm of your hand to gently press the cookies down and flatten slightly.
- Bake until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.