Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes are the most decadent and delicious dessert of all time! With a scoop of ice cream on top, there’s not much that can beat it!
Let’s be honest, it’s what you really want for dessert at your special Valentine’s Day dinner this weekend — and why wouldn’t you? The mere mention of the word chocolate sends the most heavenly feeling through my body. That’s why I think this Chocolate Molten Lava Cake recipe couldn’t be more perfect for the 14th of February.
If someone put a Chocolate Molten Lava Cake in front of you wold you love them forever? It’s certainly been the case with my troops. I’ve made these little beauties a bunch of times over past few weeks, working hard to perfect the recipe and giving the kids a big dose of ooey gooey chocolate decadence after every attempt, and I don’t think my kids could love me any more. I make these with Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs to make sure the slightly undercooked centers are not only delicious, but safe my little ones to eat.
The cakes are made in individual ramekins so each one feels like a personalized treat. By baking them for less than 20 minutes they remain soft in the middle, developing a beautiful crust around the hot “lava” center. They’re the perfect size, texture and taste to make you go weak in the knees. Served warm on their own or with a dollop of fresh whipped cream or ice cream on top, they’re the perfect finish to any special meal — particularly one filled with romance!
Dessert doesn’t need to be complicated on Valentines’s day. With a few simply decadent ingredients like chocolate, sugar and butter (seriously what else do you need in life), you can create an irresistible dessert to surprise your loved ones. The best part is that they’re made in individual ramekins so everyone gets their own. Trust me, you will want to share this recipe!
Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, plus more for greasing the pans
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Grease the inside of 4 8-ounce small ramekins with butter, dust with cocoa powder, and tap out any extra.
- Place the chocolate chips and butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring, until melted and smooth.
- Stir the sugar and flour into the chocolate mixture.
- Add in the eggs and mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the four cups, they should be about 1/2 full. Place the baking cups on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, until the top and edges are set, but center is still jiggly. Let cool slightly for 2-3 minutes. Be careful as ramekins may still be hot. Serve immediately.