Soft, chewy and delicious. These Cake Mix Sprinkle Cookies are incredible simple to make and will change your holiday dessert table.
We spent an entire day in the kitchen making cookie after cookie, and I think these new Cake Mix Sprinkle Cookies might be my new favorite. They come out of the oven super soft and chewy (and stay that way) and the sprinkles make them super festive.
These are definitely made for those of you who like a soft cookie! My professional taste testers (Kenya, Chloe and Gemma) got home from school the day I made these and gave them their stamp of approval, which is always nice to get after a day full of baking in the kitchen. They couldn’t get enough of them!
For most of the cookies I make, there is a “chill” period where you have to let the dough sit in the refrigerator for a bit, but not with these! They go straight from dough to oven, which is the best when you’re baking for the Holidays and running out of refrigerator space (and time)!
This is a really good recipe to get your kids involved with too. It’s so simple (hello only 4 ingredients!) and so much fun to get to pick out what dye free sprinkles to put in them. The possibilities are endless!
Good news for my gluten-free friends too! Use your favorite gluten-free cake mix for these and get ready to be wowed just the same. Plus, if you want to bake ahead of time, these freeze beautifully.
So get ready to add this recipe to your cookie tray this Holiday season, but of course don’t forget some of my other favorites like Eggnog Sugar Cookies, Gingerbread Cookies and Soft and Sweet Molasses Roll Out Cookies!
Look at how gorgeous these are! Are you making Cake Mix Sprinkle Cookies this year? Let me know in the comments!
Cake Mix Sprinkle Cookies
- 1 bag/box white cake mix
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sprinkles, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the first 3 ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Dough will be thick and a bit sticky.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of sprinkles until combined.
- Use a 1 tablespoon scoop or measure to place cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silpat. Top with a few remaining sprinkles.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until dry to the touch.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before moving to cooling racks.