I always have a tub of cottage cheese in the fridge to add into pancakes or serve with fruit for a quick snack. Its packed with protein and is so creamy and luscious. Especially with a vegetarian in the house, this is a great healthy ingredient to keep on hand.
I like to jazz it up sometimes and turn it into a creamy and sweet spread for toast. You can also serve it as a dip with pretzel sticks and fruit. Have fun and top your toast with any of your favorite extras like chocolate chips or strawberry jam.
If you’re looking for new ways to get a little extra protein into your kids diets, this is your new secret weapon! What will you serve with this Banana Cottage Cheese Honey Spread? Tell me in the comments below!
Banana Cottage Cheese Honey Spread
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 banana, sliced
- Place the cottage cheese, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and half of the banana in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Serve immediatly or to firm up more the spread can be refrigerated for several hours.
- Spread on toast and sprinkle with optional toppings.