Wild Mushroom Pasta is filled with healthy ingredients and also tastes out of this world delicious! It’s a super easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love.
We are all on a huge mushroom kick in our family right now. It feels like I can’t buy enough every week at the farmers market! Gemma and Chloe eat them by the handful. I’m not complaining — mushrooms are super good for you so I love that they love them as much as I do!
Mushrooms are incredible because there are so many different varieties so it’s really fun to try different recipes with them. We love the classic white button mushrooms, of course, but venturing out and experimenting with different wild mushrooms like maiitake or enoki has been super fun with the the kids! Since we’ve been testing out so many kinds, I wanted to come up with a simple recipe using them, SO Wild Mushroom Pasta it is!
When I say this Wild Mushroom Pasta is simple, I’m not exaggerating. There’s only a few ingredients and takes barely any time to whip together. It’s great for a quick weeknight meal for you and your family. Plus as an added bonus, mushrooms are super healthy so you can’t really go wrong with them. They’re fat-free, low-sodium, low-calorie, and cholesterol-free. They’re also packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals!
There are a lot of other delicious recipes using mushrooms on my site like Air Fryer Wild Mushrooms which come put super crispy and delicious. We can’t get enough. I also love putting mushrooms in soups pretty often since they’re great for boosting your immunity. Try my Asian Chicken Soup or Vegetarian Pho if you’re looking for something to warm you up! My Shiitake Veggie Stir Fry is also so so good. Can you tell I’m a big mushroom fan??
Let me know if you try this Wild Mushroom Pasts recipe! Tag me on social media. I’m @weelicious 🙂
Wild Mushroom Pasta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound wild mushrooms (shiitake, king trumpet, maiitake, cremini, oyster, etc), sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta (I used penne) according to package directions (for al dente cook 1-2 minutes less than than package directions).
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat and saute the mushrooms for 5 minutes or until starting to turn golden.
- Add garlic and continue to cook one minute.
- Drain water off pasta (reserving 1/4 cup pasta water). Return the pasta to the large pot and toss with reserved pasta water and olive oil.
- Add mushrooms to the pasta stirring to combine and place in a large serving dish.
- Top with chives and parmesan.