Heard how good turmeric is for you, but not sure how to add it to your cooking? This Turmeric Sautéed Greens recipe is soon going to be your jam!
When we started getting really into making smoothies for breakfast (which turned into the Smoothie Project and the Weelicious printable sheet here), one of the ingredients we all started adding to them was fresh turmeric. It has a strong flavor, but one that’s so incredibly tasty even the kids love it. Not only is it delicious in smoothies (especially when you balance it with something sweet like a date or banana), but when you add it to any of your favorite sautéed greens it’s off the charts!
Turmeric has been used in cuisines all over the world for centuries as it has all kinds of natural benefits like being an anti-depressant and having natural anti-inflammatory properties. By just adding a little to dishes you enjoy you’ll receive tons of healing powers you and your family may need more than you know.
Watch this quick video to see how to use fresh turmeric and cook these Turmeric Sautéed Greens in minutes!
Photos by Gerry Speirs
Turmeric Sauteed Greens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 2-inch piece fresh turmeric, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 bunches kale, spinach, or swiss chard, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and turmeric and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add kale and salt and saute for 1 minute.
- Add water to the pan and cook stirring until the greens are just wilted and serve.