If you’re anything like me you have your go-to recipes that you probably know by heart and the ones that you use for special occasions, when a certain ingredient is in season or maybe just have a bit of extra time to spend in the kitchen. Sweet Balsamic Glazed Chicken has quickly made it into our most frequently seen weeknight list.
Balsamic vinegar is one of my favorite ingredients drizzled into a salad dressing, just a touch added at the end of making a pasta sauce to give it some bright acidity or mixed with something sweet in a pan glaze.
I’ve tried this using sugar as the sweetener in this recipe, but the added sticky texture and flavor of the honey really sets it apart. If that wasn’t enough, there are only five foods in the ingredient list, most which are probably in your fridge or pantry.
Every time I make this I double it to serve for dinner one night and then place the remainder on top of salad for lunch the next day or two. The chicken stays incredibly moist while the balsamic, honey and soy mix together creating a sweet, salty, tangy sauce creating a special somethin’ somethin’ at dinner time. Don’t forget to serve this Sweet Balsamic Glazed Chicken with a side of broccoli or a slice of bread to sop up any leftover tasty glaze!
Sweet Balsamic Glazed Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a 9x13 glass baking dish, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, honey, soy sauce, and minced garlic.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the mixture and turn to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts, until cooked through. Baste the chicken with the sauce half way through cooking.
- Note: Can be marinated up to 8 hours ahead of time.