Want an easy weeknight dish that has the best of summer’s produce and tastes absolutely fresh and delicious? Try this Summer Succotash Pasta Salad.
As usually tends to be the case with my garden every summer, there are more cherry tomatoes growing on my vines than I know what to do with. I’m talking hundreds of little bright orange and red orbs multiplying by the minute. As a result, I’ve been frantically picking and tossing them into as many dishes as possible.
Then as I was cleaning out my freezer (which seems to be something I’m always doing??), I realized that I had a bunch of half-used bags of frozen vegetables like corn and peas sitting neglected in the freezer. This quick Summer Succotash Pasta Salad recipe was my solution to having to get rid of a bunch of food before we headed out of town for a couple of weeks.
Succotash is generally a mixture of corn, lima beans, and tomatoes or bell peppers all tossed together. However, you can add whatever summer vegetables you want to this salad. Serve it for lunch, add it to the kids’ camp or school lunch or use it as a simple dish for dinner. It goes great as a side with Chicken Paillard or Southern Style Pork Tenderloin.
The best part about this Summer Succotash Pasta Salad is that it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. While the pasta is cooking you can chop the veggies and then just toss all the ingredients together with a squeeze of lemon juice and some olive oil. Since this dish has a protein, carbohydrate and plenty of vegetables, you’ve got a hearty one-pot meal that will stay fresh in your fridge for days. It also is great for leftovers, so go ahead and make a bunch to have throughout the week!
What’s your go-to easy summer dish to make?
Summer Succotash Pasta Salad
- 1/2 pound cooked bowtie pasta
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen, defrosted, corn kernels
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen, defrosted, green peas
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, cherry tomatoes, corn, peas, olives and parmesan cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta and toss to combine.