For kids who can’t have gluten in their diet, not being able to have things like pasta can be a bit of a bummer. But there’s no need to be completely deprived of all the fun when they can enjoy easy-to-prepare, gluten-free dishes like these Stir-Fried Chinese Brown Rice Noodles. Long strands of noodles mixed with a slightly sweet sauce and assorted asian veggies make the perfect dish for a family dinner or even school lunch the next day!
Stir-Fried Shrimp with Rice Noodles
- 1/2 Package Brown Rice Noodle (about 7 oz)
- 2 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce or Braggs Amino Acids
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp cold water
- 1 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tsp ginger, minced
- 1 Cup fresh snow peas, chopped
- 1 Lb large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Cup carrots, grated
- 1 14-15 ounce can baby corn, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Take 1/2 package of rice noodles, break in half, and cook according to package directions.
- In a small bowl stir together the soy sauce, honey, cornstarch, cold water and set aside.
- Heat a wok or a large sauté pan over medium/high heat with oil and add the garlic, ginger, snow peas and shrimp, and sauté for 2 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add the carrots and baby corn and cook for another minute stirring continuously or until the shrimp are cooked through and pink.
- Create a well in the center of the wok or pan and pour in the soy sauce mixture and heat for 20 seconds or until sauce starts to thicken.
- Add the drained rice noodles to the pan, stir-fry for another minute or until noodles, shrimp and vegetables are coated with the sauce and heated through.