Smashed Toast Breakfast Boats are a full on, hearty breakfast packaged in cute little smashed bread “boats”. Fun to say and absolutely delicious!
Smashed Toast Breakfast Boats! Say that 5 times fast! These little breakfast boats are super simple to make and gobbled up in minutes. Gooey cheese, creamy avocado, tomato and fluffy eggs — what’s not to love about this recipe? I made these for the family last week and they absolutely loved them! Gemma hasn’t stopped saying “more breakfast boats!!”
Think of Smashed Toast Breakfast Boats as a marriage between “egg in the hole” and the gooiest, most delicious cheese toast you’ve ever had. I added sliced avocado and tomato to ours but you can easily choose whatever toppings you want to add. Some cooked bacon or sausage crumbles, maybe some diced onion? The possibilities are endless!
While these breakfast boats are simple to make, here are a few tips that you might find helpful. First, when choosing your bread, go for something that’s sliced pretty thick. This makes it easier to smash the bread into the perfect boat shape. You want the bread boats to be deep enough to hold all of your breakfast goodness! Secondly, make sure you toast the bread before you add your ingredients. It keeps everything from getting soggy.
If you’re looking for some more easy breakfast toast recipes, try out my Avocado Toast, 2 Ingredient Toast 6 Ways or Savory Toast 8 Ways. There’s nothing more classic than toast for breakfast, and there are so many ways to jazz it up! With all that said, these breakfast boats are our newest obsession for a filling breakfast that’s fun and easy to make!
What will you be adding to your Smashed Toast Breakfast Boats? Let me know if you make these by tagging me on social media!
Smash Toast Breakfast Boats
- 1 slice sandwich bread (the thicker the better)
- 1 slice tomato
- 2 slices avocado
- 3 tablespoons mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- kosher or maldon salt
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 375 degrees.
2. Use fingers to flatten the center of the bread and press out towards the crust to create a boat.
3. Toast bread in the oven for 4 minutes or in a toaster until lightly golden.
4. Place bread on a baking sheet and layer slices of tomato and avocado in the toast boat and top with mozzarella.
5. Whisk egg in a bowl with 1 teaspoon water.
6. Pour egg slowly over cheese and bake for 12-14 minutes or until eggs are set and crusts are golden.