This fudgy and chocolatey Skillet Mexican Brownie is so decadent and delicious after one bite you’ll be asking for more!
This Skillet Mexican Brownie is like a chocolate explosion in your mouth! The cocoa powder and the chocolate chunks in the batter pack a powerful punch for any chocolate lover out there. The secret ingredient that makes these brownies so top notch is a touch of cinnamon that adds a subtle pop of flavor. They’re best served fresh with a scoop of ice cream on top, but can also be frozen after they cool to have an indulgent treat ready to go when you’re in the mood!
When I made this Skillet Mexican Brownie for the first time, I think it was gone in 10 seconds. Everyone grabbed a spoon and went to town eating the chocolatey goodness straight out of the skillet! While I don’t encourage a dessert this decadent every night, a special treat every now and then is a-okay with me! If you’re able to not eat the whole skillet in one sitting, you can store leftovers in an airtight container on your counter for up to 4 days, but it remains its freshest for 1-2 days.
If you’re a chocolate fiend like me, you’ve got to try these other chocolate recipes like Skillet Double Chocolate Chip Cookie, Chocolate Muffins, S’mores Cakey Black Bean Brownies or this Microwave Chocolate Chip Sea Salt Cookie for ONE! You could also take a slightly healthier route and put cocoa powder in your smoothies like in this Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie so you get all that chocolatey flavor and can feel a little better about all the other nutrients you’re getting while you drink.
I think this recipe is a great one if you’re looking for a small dessert for a birthday party or other special occasion. I’m requesting it for my birthday next month for sure! Not sure if I’ll be sharing 😉
Let me know what you think of this Skillet Mexican Brownie by tagging me on social media when you make it!
Skillet Mexican Brownie
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (1/2 stick), melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, chunks or dye free chocolate candies
- ice cream for serving
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl whisk the butter, sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
- Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, until mixture is silky.
- Stir in flour until combined and stir in chocolate chips or chocolate candies.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 6 or 7 inch cast iron skillet and bake for 22-25 minutes or until the center is set and slightly puffed.
- Top with ice cream and enjoy.