If you’re looking for a fresh and delicious way to prepare salmon, you need to make this Salmon with Fennel, Citrus and Olives ASAP. It’s been my go-to salmon recipe for months now.
First of all, how gorgeous is this entree? If anything, make this Salmon with Fennel, Citrus and Olives for how beautiful it looks on a table. It’s bright and colorful but lucky for us it’s also insanely flavorful and delicious. The aromatics created from this dish will fill up your kitchen with the most heavenly scent. There’s just something magical that happens in the oven when you make this recipe!
Salmon with Fennel, Citrus and Olives is so fresh, light and delicious you’ll be wondering how you’ve gone so long without preparing salmon this way. The bright flavors of the lemon and fennel compliment the richness of the salmon and olives in a beautiful way. The way this salmon is prepared keep all the juices in tact so your salmon is cooked to perfection and infused with all of the flavors of each ingredient.
Once you take your first bite, you’ll see why I’ve made this recipe once a week for months and months now. It really is that good. And it’s not just salmon you can make this way. Try out a beautiful piece of halibut or cod and you’ll get a just as delicious result. I love making this recipe when I have guests over. Even though it’s very simple to make it looks really impressive which I love.
This recipe is such a showstopper that you can pair it with anything really simple and let it shine. I usually go with a side of Grilled Lemon Asparagus and Perfect Brown Rice or Brown Rice Cakes with this one but you can make whatever you like! Also, if you’re looking for another way to prepare salmon that’s even easier try my Air Fryer Salmon!
Let me know what you think of this recipe. I am obsessed and hope you will be too!
Salmon with Fennel, Citrus and Olives
- Sheet Pan
- 1 1/2 pound piece of salmon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup castelvatrrano or black olives, pitted
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, quartered (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the salmon on a parchment lined baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Place olives on a cutting board, place a large flat knife on tops and use your hand to smash down to crush them.
- Top salmon with fennel, sliced lemons, capers, olives and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake salmon for 20 minutes if medium rare is desired or 25 minutes for medium.
- Transfer salmon to a platter and serve.