Every year we trick or treat in the same neighborhood and the candy passed out more than any other are M&M’s. Last year I think I ended up freezing over 20 bags between all the kids, so you need this Monster Cookie because it’s the perfect recipe to make with all of them!
I teamed up with Truvia sweetener to show you one of their favorite recipes. They’re lower in added sugar than other Monster Cookie recipes and a great way to incorporate all that leftover Halloween candy your kids brought home last weekend. The best part is that you can freeze the candy to make these any time of year. For those kids who can’t possibly find a cookie big enough to satisfy their sweet tooth craving you have to try making these beauties. They’re soft on the inside, golden on the outside and a treat everyone will go gaga for! Check out the full written recipe from Truvia sweetener!
* This is a sponsored video
Reduced Sugar Monster Cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Truvía® Baking Blend
- 1/2 cup Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cup gluten free oatmeal
- 1/4 cup candy coated chocolate candies
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in microwave and add to large mixing bowl with the Truvía® Baking Blend and Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend.
- Add peanut butter, vanilla, and egg. Mix for 2-3 minutes to start dissolving the Truvía® sugar blends.
- Add salt, baking soda and oatmeal to the liquid ingredients and mix to form a soft dough.
- Stir in the chocolate candies and chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoons of dough cookie sheet and press to flatten. Bake for 7-8 minutes until the edges are lightly brown.
- Cool on pan for 1-2 minutes until cookies set, then transfer to cooling rack.