Rainbow Waffles will surely brighten up your day! These savory waffles, packed with a rainbow of vegetables, are super fun and easy to make.
Getting kids to eat vegetables can be tough, but sometimes just changing the name of a dish to something more exciting is a little trick of the trade. Instead of calling this recipe simply “vegetable waffles”, I went with something a little brighter – Rainbow Waffles! Doesn’t that sound like something you’d want to eat too?
Rainbow Waffles are jam packed with vegetables and you’d be surprised at how quickly they get gobbled up! They’re also great because they’re not just for breakfast. Rainbow waffles are perfect for dinner, a snack, or even in a lunch box! Serve them with some ketchup or mustard for dipping, or have them on their own. And get ready to feel great about getting so many veggies in every bite!
Another thing I love about this recipe is that it’s super customizable! You can put any combination of vegetables together in these waffles. I used carrots, zucchini, bell pepper, red onion and corn and they turned out really yummy and flavorful, but feel free to put your favorites in there! A little tip: if you include carrots and zucchini like I did, be sure to squeeze out as much liquid as possible so that the waffle holds it shape!
Waffles are a huge staple in our house. I love coming up with recipes for my waffle iron! If you’re wanting more recipes like that check out Waffle French Toast, Strawberry Cream Cheese Waffle Sandwiches, or this Waffle Iron Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich. I promise they won’t disappoint!
Breakfast, lunch or dinner Rainbow Waffles should be on your menu for the whole family to enjoy! Let me know in the comments what you think!
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose, white, wheat or chickpea flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Place the carrots and zucchini in a cloth towel and squeeze in a ball to drain off as much liquid as possible.
- Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir to throughly combine.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the mixture in waffle iron and cook according to waffle iron directions.
- Remove and serve with ketchup, mustard or on their own.