Does anything scream FALL like a Pumpkin Spice Latte?! I don’t think so.
I wait for these all year long, and I know a lot of people are in the same pumpkin-loving boat as I am! There’s nothing better than being cuddled up in a comfy sweater, fall boots, and sipping on an iconic Pumpkin Spice Latte! I first fell in love with Pumpkin Spice Latte drinks at Starbucks, but quickly realized they were way too sweet and overly sugary sweet. This version tastes incredibly cream, creamy and perfect for the season.
We love anything pumpkin-spiced around here. Muffins, cookies, oatmeal… you name it we’ve tried it and we’ve loved it! Making a Pumpkin Spice Latte is so much more special than going out and buying one. You know exactly what’s going in to it and you can customize it for each person’s preferences.
Since Gemma has a dairy sensitivity I make her version with almond or other plant based milk and top it with coconut whipped cream. I’ll be honestly, it’s quickly become my preference when making this drink too. No matter how you decide to make yours it will become a seasonal favorite. Mentioning.. do you let your kids drink coffee? Gemma has loved the flavor of coffee since she took her first sip, so I’ve never had an issue with my kids having it now and then.
What is your favorite Fall food that you wait for all year long?!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 to 2 shots espresso or strong coffee
- whipped cream
- Place first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan and whisk to combine.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and slowly whisk in the milk to combine. Bring pumpkin milk mixture just to a boil.
- Pour the mixture into a blender and whiz on low to medium for 30 seconds or until frothy.
- Pour 1/4 cup coffee into each mug and top with half of the pumpkin milk mixture.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
- * to make the recipe vegan or dairy free you can use almond or other plant based milk and top with coconut whipped cream.