Pita Pizzas are a super easy, healthy way to enjoy a hot slice of pizza! Everyone in the family is always down for Pita Pizza night!
Just whisper the word “pizza” in our house and all three of my kids will look up from whatever they’re doing with unbridled excitement in their eyes. Luckily, they aren’t picky about how or what their pizza is made with or on, so whether it’s a weelicious Green Machine Pizza or a slice from our local pizza joint with tons of veggies on top, they’re game for anything!
Pita pizzas are the perfect recipe when you want something healthy to serve your kids, quick for you to prepare and not expensive for your budget. I can cook them up in minutes and everyone in our house feels like they’re getting a special meal. They also are great for a school lunch! The kids love opening up their lunch boxes to a few slices of Pita Pizzas!
The best part about pizza if you ask me is all of the toppings! We always go with slices olives because everyone loves it, but some roasted broccoli or red peppers, onions or mushrooms are also great additions! Anything you want can go on top just like a regular pizza!
Almost every Friday, we have pizza night in our house. We rotate between so many weelicious pizza recipes like Pizza Pinwheels, Pizza Muffins, Pizza Balls, Quilt Pizza and so many more. There are so many fun ways to get your pizza fix that we hardly get sick of it! Of course serve it up with a big Salad Platter for an extra veggie and eat your heart out!
Next time you’re in the kitchen and looking for a quick, easy and delicious dinner or lunch definitely try out this recipe. You’ll be obsessed and making Pita Pizza all the time once you try it!
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 whole wheat pita (I used mini pita from Trader Joe’s)
- 1/3 cup black olives, sliced
- toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a bowl to combine.
- Cover the pitas with 1/4 cup sauce, 1/4 cup cheese and slices of black olives and other desired toppings.
- Place on a foil lined cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut and serve.