Persimmon Burrata Salad is the perfect fall harvest salad for kids and adults alike. Fresh fruits mixed with greens and an irresistible dressing for a holiday or special night with friends.
The first time I tried a persimmon many many moons ago my mind was totally blown. What was it? I had never tasted anything like it growing up in the midwest and couldn’t even wrap my head around where it came from. After heading down the rabbit hole of persimmon knowledge I learned there are two types. Hachiya and Fuyu. For this recipe you want to use Fuyu which are the more flat, almost apple looking persimmon. You can take out the stem and chow away on the fruit as is, but if you haven’t had them sliced or cubed into a salad you don’t know what you’ve been missing. If you get your hands on some super ripe Hachiya persimmon you can whip up a Persimmon Cake, Kiwi Persimmon Parfait or Persimmon Fruit Leather.
Whenever I’m hosting friends for a party, serving dinner during the holidays or need to bring a dish to an event, salad is my go to. There can be 10 different dishes on a buffet table and without fail the salad disappears first. In the fall I tend to lean towards making Easy Breezy Roast Veggie Salad or Winter Farmers Market Salad, but this Persimmon Burrata Salad is so kid and adult friendly that I’m making it for 3 parties over the holiday weeks. It only takes minutes to create and the vibrant colors, textures and flavors make it a true standout. I’ve seen my kids sit over it and pick out their favorite bites one after one until it disappears.
What’s your favorite fall salad ingredient? Let me know if you make this beauty too!
Persimmon Burrata Salad
- 4 cups arugula or spring mix greens
- 2 Fuyu persimmon – sliced, cubed or cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup walnuts, raw or toasted
- 8 ounces burrata cheese, torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl or platter and assemble making sure all ingredients are in view.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine.
For the dressing:
- Place dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk well to combine. Alternatively you can place ingredients in a jar and shake until emulsified.