These No Bake Cookie Dough Balls are the perfect little treat for warm days, cold days and everything in between!
Who doesn’t love to eat raw cookie dough? Now you can indulge in this sweet treat without worrying about food-borne illness, and bonus – they are way healthier than traditional cookies.
Cookie dough balls are made without dairy, eggs, or gluten so they’re a great option for people with food allergies. They can be made nut free as well if you use sunflower seed butter instead of peanut butter. The best part is that they’re not baked! No need to turn on the oven and heat up your kitchen. These bite-sized treats taste just like your favorite raw cookie dough.
Licking the mixing spoon and mixing bowl clean was always my favorite part of baking cookies with my mom when I was a kid. There’s just something about raw cookie dough that is so indulgent and exciting. Maybe it’s like cheating and sneaking a cookie before they’re out of the oven and ready for everybody else. Store this treat in your fridge and you can sneak a little bite any time you’re in the mood. They’ll keep for about 2 weeks in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Unlike traditional raw cookie dough, these No Bake Cookie Dough Balls are made with tons of nutritious ingredients and have no raw eggs. Here’s what’s so great about the ingredients in these No Bake Cookie Dough Balls:
- Oats are rich in fiber and antioxidants. They help to reduce LDL cholesterol and help you feel fuller longer.
- Coconut is a good source of manganese, phosphorous, and iron.
- Flax seeds are high in omega-3 fatty acids, the good heart-healthy fats! As well as lignans, and fiber, which may help reduce blood pressure and control blood sugar.
- Chia seeds might be the most powerful ingredient in this recipe! They are jam packed with fiber, protein, calcium, manganese, magnesium, and phosphorus. Not to mention, they contain a nice serving of zinc, potassium, vitamins B1 and B2.
Once you start making and eating these adorable No Bake Cookie Dough Balls you won’t ever say no to “raw cookie dough” again! You can be happy about the delicious flavors in this treat and feel good about the nutritional benefits.
What is your favorite flavor of cookie dough? Let me know in the comments below! If you make this recipe, be sure to tag @weelicious on social media. I love to see all your creations.
No Bake Cookie Dough Balls
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or sun butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (semi sweet or vegan)
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon chia or hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dye-free sprinkles
- Place all of the ingredients except the sprinkles in a food processor and pulse until thoroughly combined.
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into 1-inch balls, then roll in the sprinkles.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.