Kenya could eat a whole sweet potato if I handed it to him. Being that his tiny little hand couldn’t hold the whole thing up, mashed sweet potatoes seem like a better choice. In my quest to find new ingredients that will tempt his taste buds I realized that he hadn’t tried coconut milk. Sweet and creamy, it adds body and depth to the puree. Add a touch of cinnamon, yummy delicious.
Photo by Maren Caruso
We used these to make this recipe: Cuisinart DLC-2 Mini Prep Plus Food Processor
Sweet Potato Coconut Puree
- 2 medium yams, washed
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (full fat or light)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Poke several holes in the sweet potatoes with a fork.
- Bake for an hour (I put them on a piece of tin foil so they don’t drip all over the oven).
- When sweet potatoes are cool to the touch peel off the skin and scoop insides into a food processor with remaining ingredients.
- Puree until smooth.
- Cool and serve.
- *Place in Baby Cubes and freeze.