To know me is to know my love for cookie cutters. I had to Marie Kondo the drawers in my kitchen to make space for the endless shelves of animal, letter, seasonal, heart and other cookie cutters that I use for my school lunch recipes. When I found these large letter cookie cutters I was smitten. Yes they’re great to make sugar cookie and graham cracker letters cookies (obvi!), so when I started using them to make Monogram Sandwiches I realized it was a total game changer. For any kid who doesn’t want a sandwich for lunch this is the way to change their tune.
You can use any kind of spread you enjoy including Red Beet and White Bean Hummus, Black Bean Hummus, olive tapenade and more, but simply taking whipped cream cheese and mixing it with plant based, dye free food colors makes your Monogram Sandwiches pop even more.
While they’re great for school lunch boxes they’re also perfect for a baby shower, school event or holiday gathering. The sandwiches make any party or even even better. The best part is that fruit and vegetable colors don’t taste like anything other than cream cheese.
Don’t have the food colors? You could also defrost raspberries and use the red juice to mix in cream cheese or blend a little water with spinach until it’s pureed bright and green.
Feel like a rainbow? You could even send a different color sandwich each day. Just the extra little step of pressing out a letter into the soft sandwich bread then spreading it with your favorite filling will create big smiles and say “I love you” even if you’re not there!
What’s your favorite sandwich spread? Let me know if the comments below.
- letter shaped cookie cutter
- 3 tablespoon whipped cream cheese
- dye free food coloring
- 2 pieces sandwich bread
- Place whipped cream cheese and desired amount of food coloring in a bowl and stir to achieve desired color.
- Spread one slice of the bread with the whipped cream cheese mixture.
- Use favorite letter cookie cutter to punch out shape on second piece of bread and place on top of the whipped cream cheese mixture.
- * Alternatively you can use sun butter, nut butter, hummus or other favorite sandwich spread.