Saying Microwave Mug Double Chocolate Brownie is a mouthful. However, it’s the most delicious mouthful EVER!
There are certain All-American desserts that are a right of passage for kids. Take chocolate brownies. Whenever I found myself at a bake sale as a kid — which was often — even when every dessert known to man could be found on the table, I always grabbed for that gorgeous, rich square of chocolate — the brownie. While people have very strong opinions when it comes to nuts vs. not in brownies, I’ve personally never been a nut girl. For me it’s all about one thing, the chocolate. These days my brownie go-to recipes are Whole Wheat Double Chocolate Brownie Bites and classic Chocolate Brownies (without refined sugar). That being said, I am always looking to try new brownie concoctions.
This Microwave Mug Double Chocolate Brownie is not only decadent, rich and unbelievably quick to make, it’s also the perfect portion size to serve up for either a special little dessert or a well deserved daytime or evening treat. (The only issue for me these days, being so pregnant and all, is trying to keep my sweet tooth in check — not to mention my kids’!)
Also, I can’t stress enough how fast and easy this recipe is. Simply mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, pour the batter into your mug and microwave (1 1/2 minutes for a gooey brownie or 2 1/2 minutes if you like your brownie cooked all the way through). People can also get very particular about consistency and how they like their brownies cooked. This recipe is ideal for satisfying everyone you’re making them for. Since these brownies are single servings, you can make them to each person’s liking.
They also make a beautiful presentation and have the added whimsical factor of being made in a mug — something I bet your kids will love!
Microwave Mug Double Chocolate Brownie
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons milk, coffee or water
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt until smooth in a small bowl.
- Add the oil, milk, and chocolate chips. Mix until thick and stiff and pour into a microwave-safe cup, mug or ramekin.
- Cook in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes for a gooey brownie, or 2 1/2 minutes for a well done brownie.