Do you find yourself making the same old sandwich for school lunch every day? Or maybe you’re looking to shake up your school lunch routine without totally abandoning your kid’s favorite sandwich?
Here’s the answer: sushi. I’m not talking about raw fish and rice, I’m talking about sushi inspired sandwiches like Tuna and Carrot Hummus. With the exact same ingredients you normally use to make a sandwich and the aid of a simple rolling pin, you can turn a sandwich your kids already love into visually enticing “sushi”. The pieces are so easy to pick up, they turn a sandwich into the ideal finger food.
Add these sushi sandwiches to school lunches, or arrange on a platter with your favorite fruits and veggies for a fun after school snack!
How to Make Sushi Sandwiches + A Video
- favorite sandwich bread
- peanut butter + jelly
- whipped cream cheese + pesto
- shredded carrots + hummus
- whipped cream cheese + tapenade
- whipped cream cheese + ground cinnamon
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the sandwich bread to get it as thin as you can.
- Spread the piece of bread with your chosen fillings. Use the thicker or stickier filling first and then top with the thinner filling.
- Roll the bread up tightly and press on the seam to seal.
- Cut into sushi pieces.