Slow Cooked Green Chili Pork Tacos are a mouthwatering dinner everyone will love. The best part is that it requires little to no effort to make them!
I am obsessed with slow cooker meals. If there’s ever a chance I can make something that practically cooks itself in my slow cooker, I’m going for it. For these Green Chili Pulled Pork Tacos, slow cooking them actually makes them even more delicious. The pork is super tender and full of flavor. You’ll be making this recipe every week!
This recipe is super easy to pull together with only a few ingredients you probably have on hand already. Just pop them in the slow cooker, set it on low for 5 hours, and sit back and relax. That’s what I love so much about slow cooker meals. You barely have to do anything! I’ve come up with tons over the years like Slow Cooker Chicken Chili, Slow Cooker 12 Layer Lasagna, Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls, Crock Pot Mexican Corn and Bean Soup to name a few.
I served these tacos up to my daughters (the meat lovers in the family) and their eyes absolutely lit up. This is why I love cooking and creating new recipes! The look on people’s face when they bite into something and you can just see “oh wow!” in their eyes. It’s the best! These Green Chili Pulled Pork Tacos will get that reaction from just about anyone if I had to bet. Make these for weeknight dinner for your family and get ready for the reactions.
I love this recipe because you can freeze the leftovers and have delicious pulled pork tacos at the ready anytime you want them. Sometimes I double the recipe just so that I can guarantee we will have leftovers for the freezer. All you do is store it in an airtight container for up to three months. When you’re ready to eat them, thaw it out in the fridge and heat it up slowly over the stove top.
Any night is taco night with these Slow Cooked Green Chili Pulled Pork Tacos. Let me know what you think and tag me on social media if you make them!
Slow-Cooked Green Chili Pork Tacos
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 pound pork shoulder or butt
- 2 tablespoons worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups mild tomatillo salsa or 1 12-ounce jar
- Place the water in the slow cooker and place pork on top.
- Sprinkle the pork with the Worchestershire sauce, salt and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours, or on low for 5 hours. (Once the pork is finished cooking, it is okay to leave your slow cooker on the “warm” setting until you’re ready to proceed with the recipe.)
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker, discard the cooking liquid, and shred the pork into bite-sized pieces. Return the pork to the slow cooker and mix in the salsa. Keep the slow cooker on the warm setting until ready to serve.
- Serve with tortillas, cheese, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce and sour cream to make tacos.