This Greek Style Shrimp recipe is a super easy, yet impressive weeknight meal. Beautiful shrimp baked in tomatoes and topped with feta is a tough combo to beat!
If there’s one thing you can guarantee, it’s that I always have shrimp ready to go in my freezer. They’re so easy to make at the last minute when you need dinner on the table stat. They thaw out extremely quickly and also cook just as fast, which is great when the family is hungry and you forgot to pull the chicken out of the freezer!
This Greek Style Shrimp recipe has been one of our new go-to weeknight dinners. What I love about this recipe is that it’s made almost entirely from pantry and freezer staples, so when I have to get in the kitchen and dinner on the table ASAP, this recipe is what I’m making. It’s full of flavor and when served with some crusty bread or over pasta, it’s next level delicious.
Like I said before, shrimp is a staple in our freezer. They’re super versatile and the recipes you can make with them span a variety of flavors so it’s hard to get tired of them. We’re digging into a weelicious shrimp recipe probably once a week. Everything from Asian Sautéed Shrimp and Coconut Baked Shrimp to Lemon Shrimp Pasta and Mango Shrimp Ceviche is in our weeknight dinner rotation. There’s a shrimp recipe for every mood.
When you’re looking to get something that’s healthy on the table quick, this recipe (or any shrimp recipe) is it. Shrimp are high in protein and low in calories (if you’re looking for that) so they’re a great go-to for dinner, and this Greek Style Shrimp recipe is particularly flavorful and delicious. Trust me – this one will be on rotation for many, many weeks once you make it.
As always, let me know what you think of this recipe by tagging me on social media! I love seeing my recipes in the wild.
Greek Style Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28 ounce can whole or diced tomatoes
- 1 small lemon, reserving the juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch chili flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces Greek feta cheese
- chopped parsley, to taste
- French bread, focaccia or favorite bread
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat a large oven proof saute pan over low to medium heat and sauté the shallot for 3 minutes or until they start to soften. Add the garlic and sauté another minute.
- Add the tomatoes plus juice, lemon juice, zest, oregano, chili flakes, salt, pepper and increase the heat to medium for 10 minutes or until liquid begins to cook down and evaporate.
- Add the shrimp into the sauce, sprinkle with feta cheese and place into the oven for 10 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through. Turn the heat to broil and cook an additional minute or until the feta becomes slightly golden.
- Sprinkle with parsley and served with good bread to sop up the sauce.