It only took my kids two weeks of deliberating to decide what they want be for Halloween, but decisions have finally been made, costumes have been picked and now we’re ready for the big day. I wish we didn’t have to wait two weeks more for the big day, but knowing that Halloween falls on a Friday this year means we can stay up late, and that makes our whole family — even me — really excited. I’m sure you’ve got lots of spooky recipes planned for your celebration, but I’m here to offer you another fun one… Ghoulish Punch!
We’ve been buying fresh lychees at our local farmers’ market for some time. My kids go nuts for them. The more I stared at them in my kitchen, the more I realized they looked like eyes and they inspired today’s recipe. If your fingers can handle peeling tons of these naturally sweet little gems, go for it. But if you’re like me, a can of lychees is a much easier way to go . I whizzed up some all natural, dye-free cherry punch to go with them too. Ghoulish punch that’s super tasty and creepy all at the same time.
- 1 cup frozen cherries, defrosted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 cups Sparkling Water or Club Soda
- 1 can lychee nuts, drained
- Place the cherries, honey and 1 cup sparkling water in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add the remaining sparkling water and stir to combine.
- Place 1 blueberry in each lychee and skewer on tooth picks or Halloween themed sticks.
- Pour cherry juice in glasses and top each with a lychee skewer.