Juicy, succulent and perfect for any time of year. These Crock Pot Ribs are totally irresistible and couldn’t be easier if you tried.
We’ve been having a crazy busy summer running around from our house, to camp, to activities all over the city and more. Between work and kids, by the time I get home at the end of the day the last thing I’ve got energy to do is make dinner. Especially when it’s so hot outside.
Thank goodness for the slow cooker (also known as a crock pot)! It really is a mom’s secret weapon in the kitchen. Literally, all I had to do for this recipe was sprinkle a touch of salt and coat the racks of ribs with my favorite barbecue sauce at 8am, and by 5pm me and my two little munchkins were nibbling away on the most tender, meat-falling-off-the-bone barbecue baby back ribs you’ve ever tasted. The best part is, no matter how hot it is this summer, you won’t even break a sweat making these!
Only two basic ingredients- pork ribs and your favorite barbecue sauce added right to your Crock Pot to simmer for hours making a meal that will seem like it took hours to prepare (but didn’t). For this Rewind Wednesday you’re going to be a culinary hero making a dish that’s going to be on your menu plan for months to come!
Crock Pot Ribs
- 1 3-4 pound country style pork ribs, also known as baby back ribs (about 2 racks)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce plus additional for serving (my favorite is Smokin Willie’s)
- Place ribs in a crock pot and sprinkle both sides with salt.
- Pour BBQ sauce over the ribs and coat the ribs WELL with the sauce.
- Cover the slow cooker (aka crock pot) and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours.
- Baste with BBQ sauce if desired and serve.