Crock Pot Meaty Pasta Sauce is super easy and basically makes itself! It’s a great recipe to prepare on the weekends so that you have less cooking to do during the week.
In our house, we’re big on weekend cooking. My kids love helping out and I find that if I make a few recipes on Saturday or Sunday to store in the fridge or freezer, I have a lot less cooking to do during the week when life gets overwhelming. There’s nothing better than not having to worry or think about what meals you’re going to make for the week. Meal plans and prep have saved me.
That doesn’t mean that we spend the entire weekend in the kitchen. Far from it. Our recipes have to be quick and easy so we can get out and do other things together. I treasure our weekends because they often feel like the only time we can just relax and play, enjoying our favorite activities and not being on a schedule. That’s why I love this Crock Pot Meaty Pasta Sauce. It’s simple, quick and practically makes itself!
Times like this are when my crock pot is my best friend because it assures that I need not spend a moment more than necessary in the kitchen. Chloe helps me wash the veggies, Kenya and I chop them, I sauté the meat and we all toss everything in the pot together. That’s it. When we come home from our adventures at the end of the day, dinner is all ready….with plenty leftover for the week ahead.
Don’t forget to double, especially for recipes like this one. Store what you don’t eat in dated single or multiple-serving containers in the freezer and all you have to do on school nights is defrost and reheat and your homemade meal is done within minutes. One more reason to live for the weekends!
Looking for more easy crock pot recipes? Try Crock Pot Vegetarian Chili, Chicken in a Crock Pot, Crock Pot Chicken Chili Verde, Crock Pot Pulled Pork Tacos or you can even make Oatmeal in the Crock Pot!
Crock Pot Meaty Pasta Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 28 oz Can Diced Tomato
- 1 15 oz Can Tomato Puree
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a medium sauté pan and sauté onions for 4 minutes. Add the ground beef and 1 tsp of salt and sauté for 4 more minutes, breaking apart the meat as it cooks.
- Add the sautéed meat and onions to the crock pot.
- Whisk 2 tbsp of tomato paste in 1 cup of water until the paste dissolves.
- Add the tomato paste mixture to the pot along with the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve over pasta.