One of my favorite flavor combinations is found in the Moroccan dish known as “tagine”. It’s also a cooking vessel in which you put meat, vegetables, spices, cover and roast it for an hour or so. There are few restaurants that make it, so I decided to prepare the baby version for Kenya.
Chicken Tagine with Apricots is one of those dishes that I thought “there’s no way he’s going to like it”. When I tell you that he acted like a little piggy snarfing it down. I think the combination of the chicken, apricots and the mellow spices turned him on. And of course watching me cook and taste it made him want to be part of the fun even more.
Chicken Tagine with Apricots
- 1 chicken breast or 2 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 small garlic glove
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped organic tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground
- 2 tablespoons Apricot Puree*