These Chicken, Peach and Bell Pepper Skewers are marinated in a tangy, sweet marinade that is beyond delicious. They’re a perfect recipe for your summer BBQs!
Every summer I celebrate the return of my “peach ladies” at our local Farmer’s Market as if it were Christmas and they were the biggest present under the tree. The peach ladies, as I call them, are the owners of Tenerreli Orchards and the peaches and nectarines they bring every week to the market are so gorgeous, sweet and juicy, it makes me want to cry. Am I being a bit dramatic? Maybe, but tears have been almost shed over these peach beauties.
I usually buy a flat of peaches and use them to make the most delicious peach gelato, Peach Crumble, Baked Peaches with Honey and Yogurt Sauce, Peach & Strawberry Shortcakes and of course, these scrumptious Chicken, Peach and Bell Pepper Skewers. They only take minutes to prepare and Chloe and Gemma love getting to have their own skewer and eating each ingredient off, bite by bite. I make Kenya some without chicken and they’re just as delicious!
When I buy peaches when they’re in season, I buy them in bulk. It’s a great way to save money and enjoy seasonal produce in the months to come — I freeze this summer’s peaches for the winter so I’ll be able to enjoy them all year round. If any of them are about to go bad or are past their prime, I puree it all up and make Peach Fruit Leather so no peaches go to waste.
I love any recipe during the summertime that doesn’t require me to turn on my oven since it gets so hot. So the grill is my best friend during the hot summer months. We’re making these skewers, Southern Style Pork Tenderloin, Grilled Lemon Asparagus and Grilled Chicken, Vegetable and Avocado Salad Boards on repeat on our grill the past couple months.
Let me know what you think about these Chicken Skewers if you make them by tagging my on social media! I love seeing all the weelicious recipes out in the world.
Chicken, Peach & Bell Pepper Skewers
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 peaches (firm, but ripe), cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Preheat oven broiler or grill to high heat.
- Add the chicken, peaches and bell pepper pieces to the marinade and toss to coat.
- Marinate covered in the refrigerator up to 2 hours.
- Cook skewers under the broiler or on the grill for 6 minutes, turning halfway through.