This Chicken Mozzarella Pasta is so easy to make and can be ready in under 30 minutes! It’s a delicious weeknight dinner the whole family will love.
Whenever I ask the kids what they want for dinner, I usually get some inspired responses, but frequently their answer is “pasta!” They’re so pasta-mad, I can prepare it in an endless number of ways and they will always gobble it up, no questions asked. But if I really want to get some big oohs and aahhs out of them, this Chicken Mozzarella Pasta is good for a “wow” or two before they start their gobbling!
If you’re a busy parent, this pasta dish is for you. It doesn’t get much easier than this one. I can whip this recipe up in about 20 minutes, which is perfect when you’ve got a hungry family who’s ready to eat! When you know you have a busy week coming up, pasta is always a good choice. It’s filling, versatile and super simple. Here are some of my favorites — Wild Mushroom Pasta, Pasta Mama, Baked Ziti and Lemon Shrimp Pasta.
If this recipe sounds right up your alley, but you (or someone in the family) is vegetarian, you can totally sub tofu or just leave out the chicken entirely. It’s still a satisfying, flavorful dish no matter what. The sautéed onions and sun dried tomatoes are a perfect pair providing a super simple but impressive taste!
When I made this recipe, I ended up popping my chicken breasts into the air fryer to cook them, but you can also grill them in a cast iron skillet or even boil them and then shred. Or for an even simpler version, pick up a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store to save you a step.
Make this Chicken Mozzarella Pasta for dinner tonight and let me know what you think!
Chicken Mozzarella Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup oil packed sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 16 ounce package pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat and cook the onions for 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, sun dried tomatoes and salt and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add the pasta, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine until heated through and the cheese begins to melt.