There’s nothing more soothing and medicinal then chicken noodle soup.
But how do you get your baby to slurp up a bowl of Jewish penicillin? I made this for Kenya when he had a cold and poor little guy actually seemed to take a turn for the better.
Chicken is high in iron, which supports a healthy immune system. It also contains the antioxidant zinc, which protects babies against infection.
Studies have shown that chicken soup has properties that slow mucus production during illness. Whether this is true or not, I know tons of parents that want to believe anything in order to help their little one feel well. By no means does your baby have to be sick to enjoy chicken soup with stars. It’s super tasty and freezes beautifully.
Chicken and Stars
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 10 Baby carrots
- 1/4 Cup Celery (1 stalk) , Chopped
- 1/2 Leek or Onion, chopped
- 1 Tsp Parsley, chopped
- 1 Cup Pasta Stars, cooked
- Place the chicken in a steamer pot over boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, celery and leek or onions and continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until everything is fork tender and thoroughly cooked.
- Place all the ingredients except the pasta in a food processor and puree. Add water from the pot if needed.
- Combine with pureed mixture with the pasta.
- Cool and serve.