Chewy Granola Balls will be your new go to snack. When you want something that’s healthy and filling, but also super tasty and something kids want to eat, these Chewy Granola Balls are your answer!
One of the greatest challenges when it comes to making kids snacks or desserts is coming up with recipes that are actually both healthy and delicious. As a parent, you want what they eat to have nutritional value, but still also have eye and taste appeal. From the moment my kids saw these Chewy Granola Balls, I knew I fulfilled both criteria. Snack time just got a lot easier!
Loaded with whole grains, protein and fruit, these granola balls have just the right amount of sweetness and a crunchy, chewy texture that kids seem to love. I brought a batch of them to my informal “focus group” of classmates at Kenya’s school and play groups and I didn’t have enough to fulfill the demand for seconds. I’m sure I don’t have to tell you, when the crowd is happy, so is mommy!
Another reason I love this recipe is because these little granola balls are perfectly bite sized so small hands have no problem with these spherical morsels. The crispy, yet chewy texture mixed with the tanginess from the fruit bits make this snack irresistible. Go ahead and make double because these disappear fast!
I know snack time can be a chore, so I’m always looking to give you lots of snack recipes that are both yummy, good for you and that you can grab and go. Next time you’re looking for something that fits that bill, try these Spinach Cake Muffins, Carrot Snack Sticks, Date Nut Bites or Protein Cereal Bars.
Let me know what you think of these Chewy Granola Balls! Leave a comment or tag me on social media if you make them.
Chewy Granola Balls
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup rice syrup
- 1 cup Rice Crispies Cereal
- 1 1/2 cups granola
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, cherries, blueberries and/or raisins, chopped
- Place the almond butter and rice syrup in a small saucepan over low to medium heat and warm for 2 minutes or until it becomes smooth and combined.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the warm almond butter mixture into the bowl with the granola mixture and stir to combine.*
- Roll into 1 inch balls (I used a mini ice cream scooper to scoop out each portion, but you could also use a tablespoon) .
*if you want your granola balls to be chocolatey, add chocolate chips at this point!