Not sure what to serve at your Halloween party this year? How about giving everyone the finger? That joke may be in poor taste, but these cheese wafers aren’t.
I don’t know how else to describe them, but whether you’re having a get together this Halloween or just want to make something a bit gnarly looking — but delicious, I assure you — these fingers will be a hit!
Cheese Wafer Fingers
- 1/2 Lb or 2 Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 1 Cup Raw Almonds, slivered or whole blanched
- Place the first 3 ingredients in a food processor and pulse to combine (dough may be a bit crumbly, but it will stick together).
- Take a piece of dough and mold into a “finger” shape. Then place 1 slice of almond on the top of the “finger tip” for the “nail”. Press almonds down well into fingers to make sure they stay.
- Refrigerate fingers for 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place fingers on a parchment paper or Silpat-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Let fingers cool on sheet for 2 minutes before removing.