Blue food? I know what you’re thinking, she actually put blue dye in her babies food?! No, the ingredients in this delicious mash are blue potatoes and purple cauliflower. Now that I look at the picture again, does it look blue or purple. No matter how it looks, it tastes delicious. Don’t be scared of the color, the blue is an added vitamin boost. One of the first things I learned in culinary school was the brighter the fruit or vegetable, the more vitamins it contains. In this case, the dish is packed with potassium and vitamin C. Pretty to look at and fantastic for baby to eat.
We used these to make this recipe_
- 2 medium blue potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup purple cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons water or rice milk (I use the water remaining under the steamer pot)
- Add the potatoes to the steamer pot over boiling water and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and continue to steam 4 more minutes.
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Cool and serve.
- *Place in Baby Cubes and freeze.