I can still smell the bacon cooking up in my Grandmother’s cast-iron skillet as I walked into her house as a little girl. She kept a glass jar of bacon drippings in it and would cook up just about everything she made using a scoop of the fat. Whether it was crispy bacon to go with Crispy Fried Eggs or in a Breakfast Casserole it was always a treat!
The most simple meal she would make using her crispy bacon were BLTs using thin white tasted bread. When I ate them with juicy tomatoes and bright green lettuce I enjoyed every last bite.
For school lunch I like to improvise on her recipe and make these BLT Wraps. They’re a great use for whole wheat tortillas and all that crispy bacon you can’t help yourself from cooking up! Pair these with fresh fruit and a Mini Babybel for a filling and satisfying school lunch.
This post contains affiliate links for which I receive payment. While I receive compensation as a brand ambassador, all opinions are my own.
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (or vegan mayonnaise)
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, quartered, de-seeded, and cut into strips
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- Place a tortilla on a flat surface in front of you and spread with 1 tablespoon mayonnaise.
- Top with a lettuce leaf, 2 slices of tomato, and 2 slices of bacon.
- Fold in the sides and gently wrap up like a burrito.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 4 wraps.