Whether you’re looking for a recipe for breakfast, lunch or dinner, these Banana Corn Fritters are sure to fit the bill!
If there’s one fruit that we keep in the house year round, it’s bananas. Since they start to get spots and turn brown after only a few days, I’m constantly trying to come up with new recipes which use one of our favorite potassium filled fruits.
When we have some bananas that are about to go past the point of return, we switch off between making Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins, Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies or this delicious Gluten Free Banana Bread, but when I came up with this recipe I knew it would be in our “bananas are about to be bad” recipe rotation.
This fritter recipe is a great one for getting your kids involved in because they can peel and mash the bananas while you’re measuring out the remaining ingredients. Within minutes you’ll have golden sweet cakes that we love to top with honey. They’re guaranteed to be a huge success with the entire family.
When we aren’t whipping up a quick smoothie for breakfast, we love making Banana Corn Fritters. They’re fun to make and not to mention absolutely delicious. We also love a recipe that uses corn because it’s packed with fiber, vitamins and minerals. The kids are obsessed with this recipe which makes me super happy.
So go ahead, let those bananas on your counter get a little brown and extra sweet, cut some fresh corn off the cob and make this recipe ASAP! These crisp, caramelized Banana Corn Fritters will be your new go-to breakfast. I promise! Let me know what you think of this recipe. I know you’re going to love it. Tag me on social media if you make it so I can see your creation!
Banana Corn Fritters
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 medium bananas
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1 ear of corn, kernels cut off the cob (or 1/2 cup frozen corn, defrosted)
- vegetable or canola oil, as needed
- honey, for serving
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas and add the milk and egg. Whisk to combine.
- Add the cornmeal mixture to the wet ingredients with the corn kernels and whisk until smooth.
- Place about 1 tbsp of oil in a large sautepan over medium heat.
- Place 2 tbsp of the banana/corn mixture in the pan to make each fritter.
- Cook the fritters for 3 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
- Drizzle with honey and serve.
- *Allow to cool then place in ziploc bags, label and freeze up to 4 months. When ready, place in toaster oven or oven at 300 for 10 minutes until heated through.