Since I had my daughter Chloe several months ago, we’ve been eating A LOT of chicken in this house. It’s one of my family’s favorite foods because it’s not too expensive, very easy to digest and is super easy to prepare with little mess. We’re so busy around here that I like to cook a whole bunch of boneless, skinless breasts at a time, so we always have a good protein to munch on for lunch, dinner or even as a snack. I realized that Kenya and my husband were starting to get burned out on my usual chicken recipe, so I decided to switch it up a bit. I wanted to do something with the chicken that would allow it to be yummy all on it’s own, in chopped salads, or with pasta, but seriously quick and easy.
I love this versatile recipe because you can triple it to feed a crowd for a summer BBQ or simply make some for dinner and have plenty leftover for Kenya’s afternoon snack. This recipe is a no brainer, especially for those who don’t like to cook!
- 1/4 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 4 Chicken Breasts, boneless and skinless
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a bowl, zipper bag or pyrex dish and whisk to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts, cover and marinade for 1 hour or overnight (I’ve done everything from marinading it for 30 minutes and up to 20 hours and it was delicious every time).
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill to medium high heat.
- Cook chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through, but still moist.