Somehow a rich sauce and pasta seemed too heavy for a baby. All I could picture was one of the Sopranos slurping up spaghetti bolognese with noodles dripping all over. Then I remembered my love of tiny letter and number pasta as a kid. It was so much fun making out what all the symbols and shapes were in soup or sauce. Kenya’s still under 1 years old, but he loves everything in bolognese, so why not make a version that adults and kids will love?
While I was making it for him, our friend Dana, the chinese Doctor, was over and wanted to know if she could try it. “Delicious”, she exclaimed. Perfect, now I know what we’re having for dinner. Kenya’s unpureed sauce. Bon Appetito!
We used these to make this recipe_
- 2 tablespoons onion, diced (about 1/4 onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup ground meat (i used bison)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 16 ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 6 baby carrots, cut into thin coins
- 1 cup mini vegetable pasta, numbers and shapes